VPK Summer School
May 29, 2018 through July 20, 2018
7:30am until 3:30pm
NO SCHOOL - July 4, 2018
**** NO TRANSPORTATION PROVIDED ****
Avon Park: Memorial Elementary
Sebring: Woodlawn Elementary
Lake Placid: Lake Country Elementary
VPK is a free program to prepare every Florida five year old for kindergarten. Children MUST be five years old on or before September 1, 2018 and have NOT previously completed a VPK program.
Breakfast and lunch
You will need one of the following documents from each section below for ELC registration:
- Verification of Child's Age
- Birth Certificate - Government Issued
- Immunization Record - Signed by physician or health official
- Valid military dependent identification card
- Verification of Florida residence (No P.O. Box addresses will be accepted)
- Utility Bill - Current (gas, electric, cable or land line bill)
- Driver's License - Current
- Pay stubs - Current
- Government document (passport)
- Residential rental/lease agreement, food stamp letter, Florida ID
Step 1: Parents/guardians must register online at www.elcfh.org for Florida's Early Learning FAMILY PORTAL - School Readiness and VPK. Follow the prompts for registration.
Step 2: Download and print your child's ELC certificate that will be sent to you via email. The ELC certificate must be signed by the parent/guardian AND by the School Board of Highlands County, Curriculum Department. Certificate can be emailed, faxed or hand delivered to the District Office.
- Email - Tracy Mays, Curriculum Department
- Fax - 863.314.5299, Attention: Tracy Mays, Curriculum Department
- Delivery - 426 School Street, Sebring, FL 33870
Step 3: Complete the Summer VPK Curriculum Department's online entry form
Step 4: Complete the State required verification of ethnicity online registration form
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus
- All school supplies will be provided – you will only need to provide a backpack.
- Minimum class size ------ 4 students (must have 4 students to open a class) and Maximum class size ------12 students.
- You will be notified regarding the teacher and the room number via letter or phone call approximately one week prior to VPK starting .
- On the first day of school, please park your vehicle and walk your student inside to meet his/her teacher and see the classroom. You can speak with the teacher regarding concerns or issues you may have at this time.
- We realize children do get sick. If your child is not well enough to attend school, please call the school that morning to inform the teacher. If you planned a vacation during the school time frame, please let the teacher know, in writing, at least one week prior.