Face to Face - Traditional
Face to Face Traditional
This model represents a return to the school campus and the classroom where students will interact directly with their teacher(s) and classmates. The school day will follow the standard bell times and standard schedule that includes all the core classes and other subject areas. In short, it represents a return to the traditional school environment – with several significant changes involving enhanced health and safety precautions.
Our goal is to create an environment that provides an opportunity for students to return to the traditional school experience, while providing effective safeguards to protect the health and safety of students and staff.
Public Health Precautions on Every Campus
- Check temperature prior to allowing students and staff on campus
- Practice safe social distancing to the greatest extent possible
- Post signage and provide lessons to strongly encourage frequent hand washing and hygiene practices
- Ensure hand sanitizer is available throughout the campus
- Increase cleaning protocols throughout each campus, including before, during, and after school
- Limit group gatherings
- Encourage face coverings on campus
- Ensure any staff or students who exhibit symptoms are not at school or in the workplace
School Bus Health & Safety
- Check temperatures prior to allowing students to board
- Encourage students to wear face coverings on the bus
- Ensure hand sanitizer is available on each bus
- Disinfect each bus thoroughly between each route and at the end of each day
Summary: Before the start of each day, students will have their temperatures taken as they arrive at school or board the school bus. We ask that parents remain at the bus stop until their child is cleared to board. Any child with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to enter the campus. Staff and visitors will also have temperature checks as they enter the campus.
We have recently purchased no-touch thermometers and will provide them to all campuses. During the day, we will maintain social distancing whenever feasible, and we encourage but do not require the wearing of masks throughout the day. We will encourage thorough hand washing and will provide hand sanitizer throughout campus. Schools will be deep cleaned before the start of each day, and high contact areas will be sanitized throughout the school day. Meal service will vary at the elementary and secondary levels, but each system will be designed to ensure a safe environment for the students and our food service staff.