Highlands Virtual School
Highlands Virtual School 863-471-5679
Highlands Virtual School (HVS) is a full time Highlands County public school. HVS is open to students at all grade levels. Students are enrolled full-time in this virtual learning model utilizing the Edgenuity curriculum. Courses are taught by highly qualified Highlands County teachers who are housed in the HVS building at the School Board of Highlands County district office. Upon enrollment at Highlands Virtual School, each student and family meets with an HVS teacher to discuss educational needs and create a plan for success at HVS.
What to expect from Highlands Virtual School
- Students are at home learning
- Learning is self-paced and on a schedule that meets student and family needs
- Instruction is personalized to each student
- Students may participate in Highlands County extra-curricular activities
- Chromebooks and technology support will be provided by the school district
- Students will have access to their teachers during the regular school day hours by phone, e-mail, and text features within the Edgenuity platform
- Highlands Virtual School follows the School Board of Highlands County calendar for school days, holidays, etc.
Summary: Highlands Virtual School (HVS) is an entirely online Highlands County school. Highly qualified Highlands County educators teach all HVS classes. Though designed as an online environment for students, teachers are housed at our HVS campus. They are available to meet face-to-face with students and families to provide additional support. Students have the flexibility to work at their own pace and on a schedule best fitting their family's needs; however, the teachers are just a call, text, or email away. The School Board of Highlands County provides Chromebooks to all students choosing this model as well as ongoing technical support.